Sunday, September 19, 2010

La Question


One of Françoise Hardy's most beautiful songs; "La Question", from 1971.

"I do not know who you might be
I do not know who you hope for,
I always seek to know you
and your silence disturb my silence

I do not know where from the lie comes
is it your voice that is silent?
worlds where despite myself I plunge into
are like a tunnel that frightens me

your distance from mine
we get lost too often,
and seeking to understand you
is like chasing the wind.

I do not know why I stay
in a sea where I drown
I do not know why I stay
in an air that suffocates me

you're the blood of my wound,
you are the flame of my fire,
you are my unanswered question
My muted cry and my silence..."

3 comments:

My Castle in Spain said...

Merci pour ces quelques minutes de bonheur, Tutta ! :-)
Lala

ps : and thank you for your visit. I can see you're a real francophile. Isabelle Huppert is also one of my favorites since her early movies. She is indeed incredible of talent and intelligence

R. Gratz said...

OMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGG!!! I am insanely in love with this song and even more so with Françoise Hardy!!! I hadn't even heard of her songs... shame on me!!! Thanks for saving me! :)

www.RGRATZVM.com

Barbara von Enger said...

Ah, what a song! I adore Isabelle Huppert, too. Gorgeous is the word.