Friday, January 14, 2011

A little musical interlude...


Line Renaud: "Le Hully Gully"

Even though winter over here has mostly been everything i could possibly wish it to be, so far, freezing cold and dry; i constantly find myself dreaming of swaying palmtrees and oppressive heat, or maybe just a gentle, warm breeze... oh, and those gorgeous french dancers, in their trunks wouldn't be unwelcome either,
a pity they must all be in their 70s by now.

I adore these scopitones, precursors of the music video. Apparently these machines, invented in France in the second half of the 1950s, were made out of parts from discarded flying machines, a sort of jukebox. How i'd love to have one! -thankfully you can get several videos assembled on dvd's here. -or you can find tons to watch on youtube...


Hope to be back soon with posts, as i've said a hundred times before.
See you soon ...if you're still here.

5 comments:

ceecee said...

You made my day! This was a blast. I never heard of scopitones before. Isn't it great that those french dancers will remain 'forever young'? Love it!
Catherine

Anonymous said...

Oh my Darling!!!!!!!!

I think I am going to shamefully steal this post from you...

Tutta Rolf said...

A Thousand Clapping Hands: I'm so happy to hear that. -and of course you're right; those boys will always remain the delectable creatures they once were, all for us to enjoy and drop our jaws over.


Fabulastic: Oh, I'd be honoured! After all the pleasure you've given us over the years i'm only pleased to be able reciprocate.

Laura said...

Tutta: I'm still here, of course! And very glad that you are, too! I love to read your posts.

That video is wonderful, as are the trunks....!

Linda Medrano said...

Dear Girl,

This is about the most stylish blog I've ever seen! I adore it! So glad I found you.

Linda